Yan Zhenqing and His Legacy
January 16, 2019 (Wed) - February 24, 2019 (Sun)
During the Tang dynasty of China (618–907), three great calligraphers–Ouyang Xun, Yu Shinan, and Chu Suiliang–perfected the style known as "standard script." While inheriting the tradition they established, Yan Zhenqing (709–785) succeeded in establishing his own style of calligraphy, which would have tremendous influence for ages to come. Bringing together exquisite works from collections in Japan and abroad, this exhibition will explore Yan Zhenqing and his work, its influence on future generations, and its reception in Japan.
- Wednesday, January 16 - Sunday, February 24, 2019
- Heiseikan, Tokyo National Museum (Ueno Park)
- 9:30 - 17:00, Fridays, Saturdays,until 21:00 (Last entry 30 minutes before closing)
- Mondays (Except for Monday, February 11) and Tuesday, February 12
High school students900yen700yen600yen
Junior high school students and underFree
- *Prices shown in parentheses indicate advance and group (more than 20 persons) discount tickets.
- *Persons with disabilities are admitted free with one accompanying person each (please present an ID at the ticket booth).
- *Advance tickets will be on sale at the museum ticket booths (during museum opening hours excluding the last 30 minutes) and other major ticketing agencies from October 17, 2018 to January 15, 2019.
- *Advance pair tickets (two admissions, 2400 yen) will be on sale at the Museum ticket booths (during museum hours, 30 minutes before closing hour) and other major ticketing agencies from September 19 to October 16, 2018.
- *Tickets to this exhibition include one admission to the regular exhibitions on the date of entry.
- ・10 minutes' walk from JR Ueno Station (Park exit) and Uguisudani Station
- ・15 minutes' walk from Keisei Ueno Station, Tokyo Metro Ueno Station and Tokyo Metro Nezu Station
Tokyo National Museum,The Mainichi Newspapers,Nikkei Inc.,NHK
- With the Special Sponsorshio of
- Daiwa House Industry Co., Ltd.
- With the Sponsorship of
Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd.,Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Insurance Inc.,TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION,Nissha Co., Ltd.Mitsubishi Corporation
- With the Cooperation of
UCHIDA YOKO Co., Ltd.,Taito City Calligraphy Museum,The Mainichi Shodo Association
- General Inquiries
- 03-5777-8600 (Hello Dial)